Monday, May 12, 2008

New Appointment

Today I was sworn-in as a member of the Monroe County Board of Supervisors. It's an honor to be chosen to serve on the board, and I'll do my best to fulfill all of the duties of the job. But it's a sad turn of events that brought this about. I was appointed to fill the unexpired term of the seat left open by the sad passing of Paul Koffman.

Paul Koffman had served on the board for 16 years, and was a very effective and respected supervisor all those years. His current term was up at the end of this year, but he was not running for re-election when he passed away in April. The unexpired term just lasts until the election in November.

It's exciting and humbling to take on this important but temporary endeavor. There are some fantastic candidates running for the seats on the board this year, and I hope the people of Monroe County give them all a good look as candidates.

No comments: