Sunday, January 13, 2008

George R.R. Martin on the Presidential Race

George R.R. Martin (my very most favoritest fiction author in the world) sometimes shares his views on real-world politics over on his "Not A Blog" website.

Martin lives in New Mexico, so I was always kind of curious about his thoughts on Bill Richardson and the rest of the candidates in the race.

Here's what Martin posted a couple of days ago:

The political season is well underway. I haven't made any political posts here as yet, but be warned, they will be coming. That's one of the reasons I started this Not-A-Blog, you may recall. So far, I haven't decided which Dem to support in this year's presidential contest. I was leaning toward Bill Richardson, who has been a superb governor for New Mexico, but Bill is out of it now, so I guess I'll have to find a new candidate. Obama and Edwards both interest me. I am lukewarm about Hillary. I wish she had come out stronger against the war.

The best thing about this election, no matter who wins, is that come 2009, we will finally be rid of the worst president in all of American history, that malignant moron George W. Bush.


Interesting comments. He continues to give me more reasons to be a GRRM fan. Now if he'd just let us know what's going to happen on the political landscape of Westeros!

No comments: