Monday, July 30, 2007

Romney Robo Poll?

This evening I received a very strange telephone call.

I answered the phone and was greeted by a kind voice, but I immediately got that familiar "eh, robo call" feeling.

Yep, after a few seconds I began to realize I was listening to a recorded message. Or was I? This was very well done, like no robo call I'd ever heard. Being the political junkie that I am, I listened. I can't remember all of it, but here's what I caught:

It was from....Romney? Why would Mitt Romney be calling me?

Then...did this voice just ask me a question?...Are you a registered Iowa voter? Uh..yes. (great, robo calls are asking us questions now!)

A brief pause, and the voice continued. Are you planning to vote in the Iowa Caucuses? Yes, I answered.

Are you a registered Republican? No.

Are you supporting Mitt Romney? No.

Thank you for participating, and we hope we can count on you to support Mitt Romney blah blah blah.

Weird!

1 comment:

Shaun said...

I noticed your post on robo calls. I've started a national non partisan non profit, Citizens for Civil Discourse, with a goal of reducing robo calls and giving control back to the voter.

Shaun Dakin – CEO & Founder
Citizens For Civil Discourse
info@citizensforcivildiscourse.org


CCD website: http://www.StopPoliticalRobocalls.org/