Monday, August 21, 2006

George R.R. Martin is coming to Iowa

Exciting news...one of my favorite authors is coming to Iowa!

George R.R. Martin, the writer of the awesome Song of Ice and Fire series, is going to be doing a book signing event in Dubuque on Sept. 26. I am so there.

Martin is perhaps the greatest fantasy writer in the business. His Ice and Fire series is already an astounding masterpiece, and it's not even finished yet.

Martin is so cool. He is not only a great writer of medieval fantasy, he's also a part-time blogger...although he calls his blog Not A Blog. He doesn't post on Not A Blog very often, but sometimes he shares some very thoughtful commentary on the politics of the real world.

I could go on and on, but I know I'm a total nerd about this so I'll spare you any further geekiness.

No comments: