Tuesday, July 25, 2006

RAGBRAI fun


Yesterday my wife and I traveled to her mom's place, just outside of Adel. Preparations were being made for RAGBRAI to pass by my mom-in-law's house today.

We got up this morning and the bicyclists were already going by on their way toward Waukee. A steady stream of bikes continued by all morning. Quite a few stopped in the yard to enjoy some wonderful Bluegrass fiddle music and a break in the shade.

The riders were welcomed with chairs, free water and a nice clean portable toilet.

There was also a tasty spread of home-made pies and baked goods for sale, thanks to the Bear Creek Friends group.

I enjoyed the day by sitting in the shade and chatting with bike riders. I brought a box full of Culver campaign materials, and distributed stickers and stuff.

One of the highlights of the day was when the KCCI TV news crew stopped by and filmed some stuff for the news. If you happened to have been watching Channel 8 at 5 p.m. today, you may have seen Cynthia Fodor interviewing my Mom-in-law, Nancy Plagman.

This photo is of Cynthia interviewing with some bicyclists in the yard as we listened to the fiddlers.

No comments: