Tuesday, May 30, 2006

X-men was pretty darn good

Well, we had some nice R&R over the holiday weekend, despite the fact that we traveled halfway across the state and back.

On Saturday we hopped in the car and headed for Davenport for a community gathering with Chet Culver and my mom and dad and lots of supporters.

I was really surprised at the turnout for the event, considering it was on a Saturday afternoon on a holiday weekend with the temperature in the 9o's. The room was packed. Our friend Dau Truong was there with his family and quite a few friends, so it was more than just a political event for my family.

After the event, we headed back west and stopped for an overnight stay with friends in Iowa City. As always, there's lots of fun to be had in Iowa City.

We spent the rest of the weekend right here at Home Sweet Home, except for brief trip to Ottumwa to see the new X-Men movie. It was good, but I'm still not sure if I think it was great.

I'm just not enough of an X-Men scholar to know for sure, but since when was Jean Grey so dang powerful? I guess I don't mind, since it really was a cool plot. The most amazing thing about the movie: lots of very important X-Men characters were snuffed out.

As I think about the movie, I'm liking it more and more. But darn it, STILL NO GAMBIT.

No comments: