Thursday, April 20, 2006

Finishing a chapter, starting a new one

For anyone who hasn't yet heard, I have decided to seek a new job. I've written my last news stories for the Monroe County News and the Albia Union-Republican.

I started as a staff writer at the Albia Newspapers Inc. in 1999, and became News Editor after a short time. I had almost six and a half years of great fun in that job. I can't begin to explain all of the interesting, boring, weird, exciting, bizarre and downright fascinating stuff that a news reporter in a small town experiences.

Albia City Council meetings, Monroe County Board of Supervisors meetings, Monroe County Hospital Board meetings. Board after board, meeting after meeting.

And meeting people, and meeting politicians, and meeting deadlines. It is a fun and rewarding job, but it's time for me to move on.

In the meantime, I have an opportunity to devote a considerable amount of my time and efforts by volunteering for the Culver for Governor campaign. I am working to organize other volunteers in my local area, and I'll be making lots of phone calls. This campaign is going to be very exciting in the coming weeks, and I'll be doing what I can to make sure Chet is victorious in June.

No comments: