Friday, March 24, 2006

Ill Communication

I cannot remember the last time I was as sick as I was this week.

Since my last post, I've been very much under the weather.

I was all fine and dandy last Friday at the St. Pat's stuff (Georgetown won Best of Parade). It was fun.

On Saturday, the Irish revelry continued. I went to a party where there was some awesome corned beef and other tasty treats. I had a bit too much Jameson, but nothing out of the ordinary for a guy of my intestinal fortitude. The next day I didn't feel well, but I assumed it was just a mild case the Brown Bottle Flu. Or was it the Boogaloo Flu?

Anyway, it didn't go away. It got worse, and worse, and by late Sunday night, I was shivering and sweating at the same time. On Monday I went to work, but I really don't remember much. I even sat through an Albia City Council meeting, and wrote a good story the next day, but I barely remember any of it. I went to bed and slept. My boss was sick, too. It sucked. We both decided to work through it. It was a rough week.

But it has passed. I'm all better now.

No comments: