Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Busy weekend coming up

This is going to be a hectic weekend.

It all starts on Friday. My wife Steva, for anyone who doesn't know her, is a teacher and practitioner of T'ai Chi Ch'uan. On Friday, she is going to be attending a three-day T'ai Chi workshop in Iowa City hosted a highly respected teacher from Kansas City.

For me, my Friday begins with a trip to Des Moines. I'll be attending the Iowa Newspaper Association Convention and Trade Show all day at the Marriott. The convention is always incredibly interesting and fun. There are lots of great seminars that are usually brief but informative. And, most interesting to me, there's always a lot of really useful information about the latest digital photography technology.

This year's convention is going to be especially interesting for me for another reason. There will be an Iowa gubernatorial candidate forum at the convention, and my mom is going to be there. Since I obviously have a conflict of interest, I'll probably just sit in the back of the room and keep my mouth shut. But it will be fun nonetheless.

After we're done in Des Moines, I'm heading to my second favorite place in the world, Iowa City.

I lived in Iowa City for most of the 1990s, and I have a lot of friends who still live there. I'm going with a purpose. To party with my friends. But also, I'll be wandering around town on Saturday collecting signatures on mom's nomination petitions. I'll probably be hanging around the Ped Mall, Pentacrest and IMU areas in the afternoon.

Anybody else out there who would like to join in this effort is certainly welcome. All you need to do is get hooked up with Norm Sterzenbach at Mom's campaign office.

Here's the info:

Norm Sterzenbach
Iowans for Patty Judge
River Hills Business Park
712 E. 2nd St Des Moines, IA 50309
(515) 288-2276 office
norm@pattyjudge.com
www.pattyjudge.com

No comments: