Friday, November 18, 2005

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here.

Here's what happened: We went on vacation and dodged the hurricanes. It was a wonderful trip. Highlights included visiting the Hemingway House on Key West, swimming in the ocean off Pearl Island in the Bahamas, and of course, visiting J-Dub.

I don't think I would like to live in Jacksonville. Not really my kinda place, but I hope J-Dub is happy where ever he ends up.

Back at home it's now life as normal as it can be.

We went to the big dinner in DM for people of my political party. Lots of good speeches. We have a very strong party in Iowa. I don't like the venue. I'm not quite sure what the heck is the deal with that new events center area. It's kind of a hodge podge.

After the dinner, Mom hosted a little gathering. There was a good turnout, and it was nice to meet so many supportive people.

Things aren't all fine and dandy, however. My grandpa has to have open heart surgery next week. Everything sounds like he's going to be okay, but it's scary.

No comments: