Friday, September 30, 2005

Today was Homecoming in Albia, and it was a special day for the family. Mom was inducted into the Albia Community High School Wall of Fame during the Homecoming assembly. It's really cool to see Mom honored this way, and it made be feel really proud.

After the assembly, she rode in the parade in a cool convertible.

We all gathered and had lunch at Granny's. Her food is always so good, I almost get sick because I eat like a pig. I had home-made peach cobbler and it was still warm out of the oven. I poured a little half-n-half over the top. Mmm.

This evening, we went to the Rotary Hog Roast for supper, and I proceeded to stuff myself once again. But it was worth it, very delicious food. All in all, it was a really good day.

But it's not all good news around here. Tomorrow Steva and I will drive to Harlan to attend the funeral of a special friend of her family.

No comments: