Thursday, September 29, 2005


Greetings! This is Dien Judge, posting from rural Monroe County, east of Albia, Iowa.

I've been reading blogs for some time now, but I've always just been an observer. I like to visit the Iowa-related blogs at least once a week or so, and I just decided today that I should do this too! Why not? Apparently, they'll let anybody do this!

So here's my introduction: I'm Dien Judge, and my lovely wife's name is Steva Havick Judge. We've lived here on the old family farm for about seven years. It's a fun place to live.
No kids yet, but we're hoping someday.

We have a very special kitty named Midnight. He lives here with us in our comfy house. There are also some kitties that live outside. The main mama kitty is Smoky, and there's Striker, and Cataract Kitty. They live on the deck outside.

We have a big yard and this year we had a nice garden. We grew lots of radishes, spinach, onions, tomatoes, peppers and some other stuff (We had some sweet corn growing, but the raccoons helped themselves to it all!). We also have lots and lots of different and interesting flowers growing.

I'm the News Editor for the Albia Newspapers, a twin weekly in Albia. Been doin' that for five and a half years. It's an interesting job. I write a lot of the news stories that are in the paper, and I also take quite a few of the photos. Sometimes, if I'm feeling like I need to express my opinion in the paper, I'll write a column or an editorial. My duties at the newspaper have allowed me to meet some of the most interesting characters I have ever met in my life. Who would have thought all of these fascinating people lived right here in my own home town?

Anyway, no, I'm not going to be blogging about Albia news. You'll have to buy a newspaper for that. This is going to be my own personal space for me, my family and my friends. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: